Amirite - New users need NOT apply!

A friend had invited me to check out the site and my stay was brief, as was his.

This is a very hostile environment from the first time logging in until I decided to leave. There seems to be a lot of fighting with the moderators with each other about new members. Some moderators seem welcoming, others not so.

I was appalled at what hostility is allowed from some of the other members in how new people are treated. They are not only accused of being other former members, they are being told to leave! None of these new members have said or done anything to warrant this sort of harassment.

I took a screenshot at what is being posted today and no administrator is removing it. See below;

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• Psychotic members

Reason of review:
Poor customer service
Preferred solution:
Warning to others to not engage
Review category
review #917632 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Amirite? Submit review ›
Helpful? 14 Yes 14 2 No 2
Had the same issue 16 Yes 16
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Oct 17 #1228271

I just had a comment removed because of : "Cheek". I saw nothing in the rules about cheek. Another of Serenity's made up rules to protect her five friends. Gun, Tiff, Starz, Marky, and Platinum.

1 0 Reply

Oct 15 #1227258 Avon Lake, Ohio

I joined Amirite and was immediately attacked by someone called Gun with rudeness and extreme profanity. Moderator Darkest Serenity said if I didn't like it, I should use the profanity filter or leave the site. I guess she didn't know that rudeness and abuse is against the rules, but she said "Oh that's just Gun". No, she knew, but lets her friends slide. Who needs Amirite and their ilk?

3 0 Reply

Oct 16 #1227711

Yep. They deactivated me.

2 0 Reply

Sep 23 #1217388

Know this site well. There are a lot of babies on there. The men are worse than the women, especially crybaby Gun, homophobic MarkyMark, and older than dirt, Platinum. These guys give new meaning to a nursery full of babies needing a bottle.
Don't bother with this site if you want grown up talk.

6 0 Reply

Oct 16 #1227651 Chisinau, Chisinau

Markymark is a closet ***. Look at his name. Marky??? lol. His profile is full of shaved, buff males. His posts often have male memes. His favorite rock stars are male. No, Markymark is not homophobic. He is as *** as a 4 dollar bill, but is in denial.

1 0 Reply

Sep 20 #1215582

If the members of Amirite think your comments here will help new people want to join your site, think again.
You are proving the poster of this review right, and showing yourselves to be just as the poster describes.
You better hope that if anyone is interested in joining Amirite, don't see this, or there won't be many takers.

7 0 Reply

Sep 16 #1213573

To the one writing this review:
The main problem is that the owner of the site does not take control of it.
People are going to do what they do and will get away with whatever they can.
If there is little or no control, that is the owners fault, and not the members.

8 0 Reply

Sep 16 #1213527

I had never heard of this site but I just checked it out.I think I would have liked it when I was about 12 or 13.

10 0 Reply

Sep 16 #1213496 Jackson, Michigan

I've been a member on this site for only a few months and have had no problems with anyone. Some knew me from another site and welcomed me to Amirite with open arms. Some did not know me, but made me feel welcomed. I would recommend this site to anyone, and have done just that.

2 5 Reply

Sep 16 #1213613

That is the key. They KNEW YOU from another site. It's the people that they don't know that get the hostile treatment.

6 0 Reply

Sep 16 #1213767

Glad to hear. I think the reason you may have been accepted is that you were known before coming in. That seems to be the criteria for them accepting new people from my observation. Hope you can get out there and welcome the new people they don't know.

9 0 Reply

Sep 17 #1214031 Nashville, Tennessee

That could be it. A lot knew me from another site before I joined. I really like Amirite and plan to stick around for a while. I've seen a few arguments, but never been involved in one. This has me being from Mississippi......I'm in Tennessee. :)

4 4 Reply

Sep 17 #1214201

You said the key words. "Some knew me from another site..."
You'll do fine there if you never get into a disagreement with about 5 or 6 people that never stop fighting with anyone they can.
The site is too small to avoid them, so your turn will come.

8 0 Reply

Sep 15 #1213157

I was on there for a little while and right away was accused of being a sock and was attacked by some of the members.
I left cuz that was not for me.

10 0 Reply

Sep 15 #1213074 Arizona, United States

I can understand your feelings, however, you must consider what has happened before you got there to create such an atmosphere.
There were a multitude of sock accounts being used to attack members. A technical glitch in the site was abused, again, to attack members. And I must admit, imagine that, users are people too. People get sick of being attacked all the time. Case in point, as the other responses to this review show, Platinum (a former moderator) was attacked about being a moderator before he ever even became one. Once he was made one, an all out barrage of attacks (all as equally public as the screen shot you posted) appeared, and most were left up as well.
Now, let's go directly into what you didn't like about the site.
"Moderators", every site has them. Amirite has 3 and the owner (who likes to pass himself off as "just a moderator"). One of those 3 is hardly ever there. He's a very nice guy, but as a college student really doesn't have the time to waste on such trivial *** as being playground monitor on a website. So, there are essentially 2 moderators. One of those, by my experience, only intervenes when someone makes a comment which could be said to show followers of Islam in a less than stellar light.
"Drama". Anonymous user, meet the internet. There is as much drama, if not more, on any other website on the internet.
"Psychotic members". Again, anonymous user, meet the internet. The anonymity provided by the internet allows the inner psychotic
... Show more

5 13 Reply

Sep 23 #1217395

Have you ever thought about taking up a new hobby Gun? You really need to chill out dude. It's a website. Nothing more.

4 0 Reply
Not going there

Sep 13 #1212459 Kitchener, Ontario

Who is this creep dd_ixon? Why is that post allowed? I would never waste my time dealing with that site. They are all a bunch of lunatics.

17 2 Reply

Sep 13 #1212271

I don't go on as much as I used to because of how toxic the place is. Even getting rid of Platinum as a mod hasn't stopped him from dragging the whole place down. Until they get rid of that guy for good, nothing will change.

15 2 Reply
Not going there

Sep 13 #1212460 Kitchener, Ontario

He needs to take up bungee jumping without a harness.

14 2 Reply

Sep 15 #1213130

They never got rid of me, I left and you being a sock is what drags the site down, you don't have the guts to put your name or are a loudmouth coward who never stays on any site because no one wants you...

1 10 Reply

1-20 of 26 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.